today was awesome
- biked for the first time in weeks (and saw Mom)
- had delicious lunch on the river
- ran into family friend
- went to a favorite downtown area, not where I actually live (instead where my heart lies)
- checked out the record store, then they let us in to check it out (it’s not officially open) xD
- checked out a coffee shop and got a trad capp made by a cute barista
In an hour or two, start Papillon and enjoy Steve McQueen’s badassery.
— Jack White (via recordarchive)
Why did it take me so long to watch this? It has record store in the name??
I’m most likely biased because:
a) i love record stores
b) i love movies that are about record stores (High Fidelity)
c) it’s a cult comedy
d) it’s a teen movie in the early 90’s
e) all of the above
It was written really well, filled with sarcastic humor and a coming-of-age film about a record store and it’s outsiders employees. It’s filled with charm and heart.
Honestly I loved it. It’s going on the “when i have more money, i’ll buy it” movie list.
All the employees and Joe the owner reminded me of my favorite year of art class, when we would play mixes, local bands, classic/oldies radio,sometimes the top 40 station and have the most random people together around an art table who actually became friends.
Now I have the massive desire to go to Vertigo, my favorite record store. It’s 3 hours away. :’(
NOTE: Do not let the little, independent record stores die!! We need to preserve them from the big box stores. Support your local business and the music they sell. :)
Jack White on record stores.
Record Store Day 2011 is coming up soon!